This Institute is named after great freedom fighter & first Chief Minister of Delhi. Chaudhary Brahm Prakash (1918-1993) played an important role in the Individual Satyagraha Movement launched by Mahatma Gandhi in 1940 and was among the leaders of the ‘underground’ activities in Delhi during the ‘Quit India’ movement. He was imprisoned many times during the freedom struggle.
This Institute was initially started for girls only in the year 1986 at ITI (W) Tilak Nagar, New Delhi, under Craftsmen Training scheme, which was incorporated in seventh five year plan with the objective to create more opportunities for employment to the rural youths by equipping them with suitable skills and knowledge. Later on this Institute was shifted to its present own building at Jaffarpur in the year 1996 and had strength of 388 trainees. Now it is a Co-Educational Institute and running 21 sections of different Engineering and Non- Engineering Trades recognized by National Counsil of Vocational Training (NCVT) /State Counsil of Vocational Training (SCVT). This Institute is located in Pollution free rural ambience of Jaffar Pur Village, in Najafgarh Block New Delhi for the benefit of rural youths. This Institute is spread over an area of 60702 sq. meter and is surrounded by green fields. This Institute has well equipped Labs and Workshops of different Trades and has well-qualified & experienced faculty. The Institute is being upgraded with V & S International Pvt. Ltd under the scheme “ Upgradation of 1396 Govt ITI’s through Public Private Partnership (PPP)”. Nearby of this Institute is Rao Tula Ram Memorial Hospital & Ch.Brahm Prakash College of Engineering of Delhi Govt.
Last Updated Date :- 11-05-2018
Page last updated on: 13-02-2020